Friday, February 28, 2014

Get Out of the Way!














As I was taking a shower this morning and listening to my favorite Christian radio station (K-LOVE), God spoke quietly to my heart: "Crystal, I can work now. You got out of the way!"

I have been struggling with depression since losing my job recently, and have spent a lot of time sleeping. I didn't see how my husband and I were going to pay our bills without my added income. I also was not optimistic about finding a new job. However, the Lord challenged me yesterday to get up in the morning along with my husband, and to not get back in that bed during the day! It was difficult, and necessitated three cups of coffee, but God enabled me to succeed. I awoke this morning again with my husband, and I am just amazed at how much better I am feeling.

I'm not out of rough waters yet--it will take some time to establish a better routine. However, God has given me a more positive outlook. What did it take for things to begin to change? My letting go of bad habits. My obedience to the Lord, even though it was challenging. My getting out of the way, so that God could move and work!

A song was played on K-LOVE this morning that reiterated what God has been teaching me. It's called "In Better Hands," by Natalie Grant, and part of the lyrics are:
I am strong, all because of You. I stand in awe of every mountain that you move. I am changed, yesterday is gone. I am safe from this moment on. There's no fear when the night comes round. I'm in better hands now!
Contrary to what we may think and feel sometimes, God doesn't need our attempts to work situations out on our own. He often just wants us to trust and obey Him--and get out of the way so that He can move mountains for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment